Collagen for Anti-Ageing: 5 Beauty Benefits You Want
Wondering if you should start supplementing with collagen for anti-ageing benefits?
Well, collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body, constituting 70% of our skin.
The bad news? The collagen matrix that provides skin firmness and structure starts to break down with age. Our skin becomes dehydrated and thinner, and fine lines, wrinkles and deeper furrows start to appear.
The good news is this: Science says nutrition can positively influence our skin by contributing to optimum levels of well-organised collagen fibres. Collagen peptides, in particular, have proven skin beauty benefits, contributing to healthier, younger-looking skin.
Many studies have shown that hydrolysed collagen has a positive effect on the composition of the skin. It stimulates the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid, which results in increased skin hydration, firmer skin and decreased wrinkles and fine lines. This means proven results when you start supplementing with collagen for anti-ageing benefits.
Shop our Beauty Gen Collagen Powder
Here are five incredible anti-ageing benefits of our Beauty Gen collagen - backed by science:
1. Anti-ageing benefit: Restructuring collagen
A randomised, placebo-controlled double-blind clinical trial showed an improvement in the skin’s collagen structure and density after 12 weeks of collagen intake (10 g daily).
- 9% improvement in skin collagen density
- 31% decrease in skin collagen fragmentation
2. Anti-ageing benefit: Increasing skin hydration
A randomised, placebo-controlled double-blind clinical trial showed that after 8 weeks of collagen intake (10 g daily), skin hydration level is increased.
- 28% increase in skin hydration
- 91% of the research group reported higher skin hydration level
3. Anti-ageing benefit: Stimulating hyaluronic acid and collagen synthesis
Demonstrated in an ex vivo study, hydrolysed collagen stimulates collagen production and moisture by increasing the amount of water-binding hyaluronic acid in the epidermis (the external layer of skin).
Our Beauty Gen collagen also strongly increased the amount of hyaluronic acid present in the epidermis.
4. Anti-ageing benefit: Increasing the strength of hair
The same clinical trial showed that our source of collagen increases the mechanical strength of hair, especially important for ageing hair, which is thinner and weaker than in younger people.
- 13% increase in the mechanical strength of hair in 90 days
These results show that these collagen peptides are a very powerful nutricosmetics supplement. Supplementation with collagen for anti-ageing benefits helps make skin denser and better-looking and strengthens hair.
5. Anti-ageing benefit: Reducing wrinkles around the eye
A randomised, placebo-controlled double-blind clinical trial showed that after 90 days of collagen intake (5 g daily), participants showed significant improvements in the overall appearance of the skin.
- 13% decrease in periorbital wrinkles (around the eyes)
- 10% decrease in nasolabial wrinkles (from bottom of the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- A reduction of the visibility of pores in the region of the cheekbones in 57% of the collagen-supplemented participants
Pretty impressive stuff, huh? If you’re not sure where to start, but you're ready to supplement with collagen for anti-ageing benefits, begin your collagen journey with our neutral collagen peptides: